Anxiety, depression, ADHD, and other mental health and learning disorders are real, common and treatable. Yet millions of children go undiagnosed and untreated — and families, schools and communities are left struggling.
Together, we can change this. But we need your help to dramatically accelerate the pace of discovery, expand our care and change the conversation on children’s mental health.
Here are 6 powerful ways you can take action and change a child’s life today.
1. Give. Donate now or let us help you explore planned giving options. Your gift of any size matters. The generosity of our supporters enables groundbreaking research into more accurate diagnosis and more effective treatment, helps more families receive scholarships for high-quality clinical care, and allows us to expand our education and outreach programs. Options for tribute gifts allow you to honor someone special or memorialize a loved one in a meaningful way.
2. Connect. Subscribe to our newsletters to get insightful, unbiased information. Find us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter. Join us at one of our many live and webcast events for parents and professionals.
3. Share. Tell a friend, family member, neighbor or co-worker when you find useful information and tools on our site. We share our resources freely and encourage you to do the same. One-click social sharing and email icons make it easy.
4. Shop. Direct your contributions to the Child Mind Institute if you participate in programs like GoodSearch or AmazonSmile. And shop for gifts that give back: inspired items designed by our cause-marketing partners.
5. Volunteer. Help at our events with everything from floral arrangements to welcoming guests. Support the launch of our outreach campaigns and help build our presence on social media by sharing our information. Or lend your time and expertise to change lives in other ways, from completing the training needed to be a Brave Buddies counselor or taking an active role in discovery as a volunteer research scientist.
6. Participate. You can change children’s lives by participating in one of our groundbreaking studies. Help us build the science of brain development by taking part in a short- or long-term study. We’re actively recruiting children and teens for our Healthy Brain Network initiative right now.